I haven't been on this planet that long, but certainly long enough to learn a few things about myself, my habits, my body, the products I use, the company I keep and my pastimes, that I am now willing to put in black-and-white:
1) Bangs only look cute on Heidi Klum and always seem like a good idea at the time, but will take forever to grow out and look terrible on my face.
2) No matter how great my intentions are, fresh produce will go bad before I know it. Buy as you need, no more, no less.
3) I might as well get $100 out of the ATM, I know I'll spend it and it will save me the time and embarrassment at Subway.
4) The hotter the shower, the drier my skin.
5) I should have started using eye cream at age 20 instead of age 30.
6) Generic brand Q-tips suck!
7) If it's already 9:00, do not start a movie, I will fall asleep. The exception to this is when my husband is out of town and then for some god forsaken reason, I can stay up until after midnight.
8) Send thank you notes immediately! Having to start with, "I'm sorry this is so late..." is no way to thank someone.
9) A watched pot never boils, a phone doesn't ring, nor an 'In Box' fill.
10) I will never be known for my dinner parties, but maybe my unique handwriting.
11) There is such a thing as karma and I am a firm believer in what goes around comes around and it can show up in many different forms; parking spots, waits in line, transferring sleeping children from car seats to cribs and simply being at the right place at the right time.
12) Chances are I will probably never breathe the same air as Dave Matthews, but a girl can dream, can't she? *Swoon*
13) As much as people may think, it really doesn't take a lot to make me happy; a bowl of popcorn, a fountain drink (or these days a Hansen's diet soda), an hour on the treadmill or in a book store, a full tank of gas, showing up on time.
14) I believe in the power of positive thinking, girl time, dancing a bad mood away and a good cry.
15) Pottery Barn Kids furniture is lust worthy only when pictured in the catalog, once you get it into your home, it's crap!
16) Everyone should call their parents more.
17) "This too shall pass" may be cliche and super annoying, but it's true.
18) It's time to accept the fact that every time I make plans with you-know-who, she will either: flake, be late, change them at the last minute, or postpone to the point where I want to give up on the friendship all together.
19) Motherhood is the toughest and most rewarding job I have ever had.
20) It's okay to ask for help, forgiveness and a rain check (as long as you're not already 15 minutes late).
What do you know for sure?
This post was written for Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop, Prompt 3.) What I know for sure.