What A Crazy, Fun, Wonderful Weekend!

Every six months or so, I have a weekend that I look forward to with so much anticipation and excitement, and is so jam packed that it's almost a blur come Monday morning.

Last weekend was one of those weekends...

I was in Vegas for an annual girl's trip on Thursday night for a whirlwind 24 hours, home with just enough time to wash the smoke and ick out of my hair.

At 7:15 on Saturday morning, my friend, Coreen (The Adventures of Captain Fussypants, Little Miss & Caleb the Wonder Dog and pictured with me below) arrived at my house so we could car pool to Bloggy Boot Camp together.

It was an awesome one day conference but my head is still reeling from all the great take-aways. I promise to share highlights in an upcoming post.On Sunday, I spent the rain soaked day in LA waiting for my sister to cross the finish line at the LA Marathon, along with hundreds of other people. I was drenched and freezing fully dressed, so I can only imagine how miserable the runners felt.

Leah was really hurting towards the end of the 26.2 miles, but she finished in just under six hours and I am SO proud of her!

This picture was taken from the lobby bar at the Hotel Shangri-La. Once I learned that Leah had roughly an hour left to run, I wised up and got warm and dry and then ended up taking her there for a meal and beer.

It was in large part thanks to Leah that I was able to enjoy this crazy, fun, wonderful weekend because she spent Thursday afternoon, all day Friday and most of the day on Saturday with Lucas. Thank you, Leah! I sincerely appreciate your help and I know Lucas loved having his aunt visit for a few days. xoxo

Here's hoping to catch up on my sleep tonight.

post signature