Goodwill Among Moms

It was either Facebook or Twitter where I first learned about The Mom Pledge. Either way, I am all about it and I hope you will be too.

Being a mom is the hardest job I have ever had and I need all the support I can get and I don't care where it comes from, as long as it's honest. Let's whine, complain, cry on each other’s shoulders, offer advice and then tell one another to put on our big girl pants and get over it.

For the most part I have had nothing but positive interactions, made meaningful connections with other moms and truly value the relationships I'm building through Letters For Lucas and other social media outlets.

I have been the victim of negative anonymous comments on my blog and it was very disheartening.

It's easy to let our words get the best of us, but life is too short to try and keep up with the Joneses, put each other down or hide behind our computer screens.

The Mom Pledge is about bloggers standing up, speaking out, and coming together to eradicate online bullying of moms by other moms. The time has come for us to take the power back and own this issue.

The Mom Pledge

I am a proud Mommy Blogger. I will conduct myself with integrity in all my blogging activities. I can lead by example.

I pledge
to treat my fellow moms with respect. I will acknowledge that there is no one, "right" way to be a good Mom. Each woman makes the choices best for her family.

I believe a healthy dialogue on important issues is a good thing. I will welcome differing opinions when offered in a respectful, non-judgmental manner. And will treat those who do so in kind.

I stand up against online bullying. My blog is my space. I will not tolerate comments that are rude, condescending or disrespectful.

I refuse to give those who attack a platform. I will remove their remarks from my blog with no mention or response. I can take control.

I want to see moms work together to build one another up, not tear each other down. Words can be used as weapons. I will not engage in that behavior.

I affirm that we are a community. As a member, I will strive to foster goodwill among moms. Together, we can make a difference.

I have committed to the principles of The Mom Pledge because I believe that it is important to be supportive and respectful to each other. If you do too, please visit: http://www.efloraross.com/

post signature