Birthday/Update

I have been trying to write and post this ALL. DAY. LONG., so forgive me if it just turns into a hodgepodge...

I had a wonderful birthday weekend filled with some of my favorite things: pancakes, a big fat juicy cheeseburger, Berry Happy frozen yogurt, a champagne brunch with good friends,
Lucas' first swim lesson, some great laughs and quality time spent with my little family.
Oh, and a couple of SUPER frustrating phone interviews with (not so) potential nannies. More on that in another post!

I also saw not one, but TWO movies at the theater! What a treat. I LOVE going to see movies at the theater; the giant screen, the dark room and the incredible surround sound. It’s enveloping, albeit expensive. My husband and I saw Get Him to the Greek on Saturday night and I saw Knight and Day with my sister yesterday afternoon. Both are very entertaining, but definitely worth waiting for on DVD.

My husband, who has been working from home (or a nearby coffee shop) for the past
several months (89 days, but who's counting?) is supposedly moving into his new office this week and I am giving him my old industrial desk for something prettier. Remember this from my post, A Place To Call Her Own?
Guess who reads my blog? What an awesome birthday gift!! It arrived today, in three enormous boxes, which will probably sit in our foyer for a week, but it's here and it's mine and I love it. Thanks, P. xoxo

Second best birthday gift? My sister got me tickets to see Lady Gaga in August at Staples Center and I can't wait for that show!!

I am a lucky lucky girl!

I'm looking forward to what's in store for me at 38. Whether it's a growing family, move to a new city, another exciting trip across the Atlantic or even if things remain status quo, hopefully I will gain a greater sense of self and my place in the world as a wife, mother, sister and friend.

No matter what the future holds, I know that the best is yet to be.