There's More To Me Than My Blog

I talked to a friend recently with whom I hadn't spoken to in a while and mid-conversation, when we had reached the part when I was all up to date on the current events of her life and it was time for her to ask about me, she said, "I already know everything that's going on with you, I read your blog.".

"Oh." And with that, the call was pretty much over.

Here's what I should have said:

"Um, no you don't and why would you think that anyway?"

This is not the first time I've heard this.

And this is not the first time the comment has irked me hurt my feelings.

I'll be the first to admit that I share a lot here, but I don't blog about everything! 

Some things are meant to be private. And I've learned that the hard way a couple of times. 

There are lots of topics that I refuse to discuss here. I will never share details of my marriage, my sex life, my struggle to have a second child, my relationship with my sister (again), my ex-husband (again) or basically anything else that could potentially hurt a relationship that is important to me or be used against me in a court of law.

I'm a social networking butterfly and communicate regularly with a lot of people via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Skype, instant messages through Scrabble and Words With Friends, texts, the rare phone call and if I'm really lucky, in person. Every once in a while it would be nice if the people I knew in real life would ask me about me instead of assuming they've read it all on my blog. 

Just saying.

If you're a blogger, does this ever happen to you? 


post signature