There's A Time & Place

In Target the other day I overheard an interesting (for lack of a better word) side of a conversation.

A woman on her phone was saying very loudly from the next aisle, to presumably her mother or best friend the following:

"...we don't even sleep in the same bedroom anymore."

"...we don't talk, we don't touch, we don't do anything."

Then she laughed hysterically. Presumably to keep from crying?

"...I just hope to walk away as friends, if that's even possible at this point."

Depressing, right?

That's not even the worst part.

When she turned the corner to come down the aisle I was on, I discovered she was pushing not one, but two children in her cart.

Both looked to be a lot older than Lucas.

Children are so impressionable. I wonder what their home life is like?

How could she be to cavalier about her relationship with presumably her husband? How could she subject these children, whether her own or not, to such intimate details of her relationship?

It made me sad.

I have been through a divorce and it's no fun. I thank my lucky stars every day that my ex and I did not have children together. I can't even imagine putting them through something like that. I know couples break up every day and make it work for the best of all involved, but children often don't really have a say, do they?

post signature