It's The Little Things

I used to keep a gratitude journal and then I stopped for some reason.

It's good to stop and reflect.

I should start that again.

I've been thinking a lot about gratitude lately and all the things in my life that make me happy and bring me such joy.

My son, husband, sister, friendships and iPhone certainly top the list, but it's not always about the big things, the people in our lives; it's the little things too. And there are countless little things that make my heart smile.

My in-laws sent me a book called Good Things Great and Small for Mother's Day and the timing couldn't be more perfect. It is full of lists of everyday seemingly mundane things to be thankful for.

It has inspired me to come up with my own list:

Highlighters, pulling up and seeing the front porch light on, a gentle breeze that lifts bubbles into the air that light up a child's eyes, the flip side of my pillow, going days without wearing an ounce of make-up, a public restroom just when I need it most, hearing birds chirp and airplanes flying overhead simultaneously, being able to jump on the treadmill at 10:00 at night if I want to, fresh squeezed orange juice, a full tank of gas and endless possibilities.

I know I bitch and complain a lot, but my life is so very full and I am blessed. Amidst all the chaos, frustration, sorrow and trying times, I have a lot to be thankful for.

What about you, what are you grateful for?

post signature