An Adorable Dinner

I don't cook.

Not even a little bit.

I burned rice the other night.

Who does that?!

Me apparently.

I make the same New Year's resolution every year to make at least one dinner a month. So far so good....

Although, I think I owe my family four dinners.

I've said it before (here and here), if it weren't for my husband I'd be living on cereal, turkey sandwiches, PB&Js, pasta, bag salad and cottage cheese. In other words, I can do kid food.

Sort of.

Lucas has been on a bit of a hunger strike lately and wanting only macaroni and cheese and cookies. Which honestly doesn't sound too bad too me, however, in an effort to expand his (and my) horizons (and because my husband was out for dinner with a friend), I made him a turkey and cheese quesadilla last night, rolled it and cut it so that it resembled a pin wheel. The bite sized pieces were so adorable I should have taken a photo. I thought for sure I had a hit on my hands.

He took one bite, promptly spit it out and asked for cookies. When I said no and tried again and again and again, he ran down the hall to his bedroom slammed the door and had a fit.

And here I thought that was 15 year old girl behavior?

About 17 minutes later, in other words, the length of time it takes to make a box of Annie's Homegrown mac & cheese, he returned to the kitchen, sat down and had three bowls!

Geez, so much for an adorable dinner, huh?

I did throw in peas.

What did I have for dinner you wonder?
And a Coors Light.

What do you feed your picky eater?

post signature