Ten on Tuesday

1. Lucas's ear is healing nicely. I'm just really hoping that it doesn't happen again before surgery. I'll know how to handle it though. The third time was an easy prediction, so the fourth time I think I'll just prescribe the antibiotics myself.

2. I still don't believe that Lucas is potty-trained. He's had a great week. Yay for not buying any more diapers!

3. This week's forecast is rain, rain and more rain. I'm ready for spring. I want to play outside with my kid.


4. Last weekend we somehow managed to fit in an Easter egg hunt amidst the rain. I don't think we'll be so lucky this weekend.

5. Now that Lucas is potty-trained, I'm able to send him to "summer camp" at his preschool! He'll be going twice a week, and I think it will be a good way to keep up with his school routine and give him some extra language opportunities!

6. Lucas has really been into drawing and coloring lately. I'm really impressed with his attention to detail and how he tries to color in the lines. He's also showing some interest in learning to write his name.

7. It's so fun to watch Lucas pick up incidental language. My favorite lately is how he starts his sentences with "well..."

8. Lucas makes things up all the time. My mom and I have decided that we have to compare the stories he tells us, because we never know if he's telling us the truth. I think he just has a wild imagination.

9. Lucas ate really well for dinner tonight. He ate salmon, couscous, steamed broccoli & half of an apple. AND he cleaned his plate. When he was done, he got down, stood on his tiptoes and said, "Look, I'm tall now. I'm big like you, daddy." What a great moment.

10. Just when I tell someone how easily Lucas goes to bed, and how he sleeps through the night, he makes a liar out of me. The past few nights have been really difficult trying to get him to go to sleep. This too shall pass, I hope.