The First Time

"Won't it hurt?"

"It doesn't have to."

"What will my parents say?"

"They don't even have to know about it."

"Surely they'll be able to tell."

"Not really, you can hide it."

"I'm scared it's going to be written all over my face."

"I'll be right there with you. Let's just do it and get it over with."

"Well, I have always wanted to."

"Exactly. It's time. What are you waiting for? I mean, you are 17!"

"Yeah, I just don't want it to hurt."

"It's different for everyone, but really it's all over before you know it."

"How many times have you done it?"

"Three. This will be my fourth."

"Your fourth?! I had no idea! Didn't know you were an old pro."

"Yeah, I guess you could say that."

"Okay, I'm ready. I think I'm ready."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. But let's hurry before I change my mind."

"I am so excited for you! And don't worry, we'll fix your hair so your ears won't even show."

This post is fiction and was written for The Red Dress Club's writing meme, Red Writing Hood. This weeks prompt is: write a post using solely dialogue.

post signature