VOTE!

I had a post all ready for tomorrow about how my son should be completely embarrassed by me because I didn't vote today, because I couldn't be bothered, didn't really care, it was inconvenient, I don't know enough about the candidates or Propositions, or even politics for that matter. My list of excuses went on and on...

But then I realized I wouldn't be setting a very good example for him if I didn't exercise my national privilege and personal freedom. So, shortly after our nanny arrived, I sat in front of my computer and educated myself. I looked up all the candidates and Propositions, found my local polling place and then made my way there.

I left feeling a sense of nation pride, personal satisfaction and a smile on my face.

If you haven't made it to your polling site yet, there's still time!

post signature