24/7 Help Line

When it comes to raising a child and life decisions in general, I don't know about you, but I'm growing tired of trusting my instincts, going with my gut, trial and error, lists of pros and cons and not knowing.

Wouldn't it be nice if there were a service that would provide all the answers we seek?

Should we move?
Should we stay?
How can I help my friend/sister/nephew/cousin?
Will this venture be a success?
Is he/she The One?
Can this marriage be saved?
When is the right time to have a baby?
When is the right time to have another baby?
Will this be a successful pregnancy?
Will it be a boy or a girl?
When will I stop feeling so sad/tired/burned out?
Should I go back to work?
Should I stay at home?
Will I ever see Paris?
Shall I go left or right?
What awaits me on the other side?
Why?

A magic crystal ball for life is what I'm talking about.

I'd even pay for it.

I'd pay a lot!

And I know I'm not the only one.

I'd also travel a far distance for the answers.

It would be like visiting the Wizard of Oz, only he wouldn't be a phony, or having a special 800 # to a technical service life help line. Can you just imagine the wait time?

He or she would tell you the absolute truth - good or bad and in your lifetime only a certain number of questions could be asked. Always one at a time and maybe, one a year or one each decade, or five in a lifetime. Of course, if you are willing to pay for the answers and wait on hold for hours on end, maybe you should be able to ask anything at anytime. That could get expensive quick.

Life. Why does it have to be so complicated sometimes? It's full of so many decisions and unknowns, so many highs and lows and oh, so many mistakes. I guess that's the beauty of it, isn't it?

I'd much rather have a crystal ball.

post signature