We're Walking!

Lucas' 13th month came and went and I didn't record (or share) any of his milestones. The biggest and most exciting of which, he started WALKING!!!

HALLELUJAH AND HIP HIP HOORAY!!

Not that I was worried or anything, but he is one of the last in our Mommy & Me group to get up and go.

He has been flirting with it for a couple of months, taking a step here and there, but finally last week, it all clicked for him and he took off. He still seems to prefer crawling because he's a pro at it, but he can walk all over the house and it is darling to watch. I'll try to figure out how to post a video.

The other big accomplishment of note is how vast this little boy's vocabulary is getting and how much he understands. Here is a list of all of the words he either says, retains and/or recognizes:

Mama :)
Dada
Bottle
Bubbles
Balloon
Up
Uh-Oh (although he says Uh-Eh)
This
That
Yes
Pat
Diaper
Toes
Head
Belly
Bath
Dog
Banana
Book
Brush - as in his teeth and hair

I have mentioned Lucas' little tiny stuffed monkey before and how he can pick it out of a group of several other toys (A Onederful First Year), well now he can make the monkey walk and talk and uses a high pitched little voice that simply melts my heart.

Talk about melting my heart, Lucas can now also blow kisses.

I don't know what I would do without this adorable, smart, funny little person in my life. He brings me so much joy and fills me with a love I have never known.

The best is yet to be.