Snowmageddon


We were hoping for a little bit of snow this winter, and we certainly got our wish. Between last weekend and this week, our town has been blanketed with almost 40" of snow. The last time we got this much snow was in 1996. Some places are calling it "snowpacolypse" and others "snowmageddon." Whatever you want to call it, Jack Frost has certainly let loose on the northeast. I keep wondering whether it's ever going to melt. At this rate, we'll still have snow on the ground in June.

Lucas is, in a nutshell, thrilled. When he convinces me to take him outside, I can't get him to come back in. I have to bribe him with the prospect of watching Elmo's World, his most recent obsession. It's a little scary too. If he weren't so brightly dressed, I'd be afraid to lose him. It's a good thing that Daddy likes to romp in the snow and go sledding, because I'm only good for walks in his sled.

Enjoy the pictures and the video clips! I made a video out of several different clips, showing a variety of Lucas phrases: "snow", "stand up", "help, please", "cold", "brrrr", and more "snowwwwwww!" The second video is a bunch of still shots I pieced together of Lucas sledding with his daddy.


almost as tall as he is...
our neighbor's car...

total snowy joy...

ummmm... is he allowed to eat this stuff?

sledding with daddy...

playing in the snow with Aunt "Eeeeeee"



I guess the snow brought some new firsts for Lucas too... his first real sledding experience, his first cup of hot (warm) chocolate, and his first movie, "The Jungle Book." It looks like I won't have school again until Tuesday, so I'm really enjoying the time off with Lucas. Hope you're staying warm...