Maurice Sendak.

I bought these envelopes from the lovely Missive Maven some time ago. I have debated on using them many times, but honestly, I couldn't be brought to actually cover the art with a label and stamp.  When the news came this morning that Maurice Sendak, author of Where The Wild Things Are had passed away, I actually had to take a moment. 

Much of the reason that I love books comes from his beautifully written and illustrated books.  He wrote not for children, but for a children's interests.  He didn't shy away from the more 'adult' topics and emotions, but he cleverly disguised them in a way that children would understand them.  He didn't have to be vulgar or pander to them.  He wrote and we listened.  And we knew.

I still don't know if I will ever use these envelopes.  But one thing is for sure... it was certainly nice to be King of the Wild Things for a time.

... Max stepped into his private boat and waved good-bye and sailed back over a year and in and out of weeks and through a day and into the night of his very own room where he found his supper waiting for him and it was still hot.