Monday Memories

I spent most of today baking cupcakes for my coworker's birthday.  I don't think she realized that I was being serious when I said that I would bring her 2 dozen red velvet and buttercream cupcakes.  Never dare me to do anything... cause I very well might do it.

This is my outgoing mail for today.  Finally am sending out postcards that needed to go out a week ago but I just didn't send.  And 4 postcrossing cards to go out.  My favorite is the one of the donkey standing on a bucket in front of children.  The person asked if I'd answer the question "If you could change one decision in your life, what would it be and why?"  My answer?  "I'd change the decision to allow a donkey to teach a class of 10 children.  It caused so much drama."  Hahah.  I hope he enjoys it.  I did include a more serious answer, but I thought it was funny.

After all of these letters go out, I will have only 3 items to respond to.  3!  My return mail pile hasnt been this low since the first week of starting this blog.  Trust me when I say, it's been a very very busy weekend!  And a first for me - one of the postcrossing cards is going to China.  I hope it makes it there!

I read a book called "Letters from an Alien" by Mary Carmen.  I'm not usually a fast reader, but this book seemed to only take about 3 hours for me to read.  The book was presented in a way that intrigued me, as I haven't seen it in a fiction book before.  The entire book was written through a series of letters between a few characters.  That got me thinking, though.  What if I had a pen-pal... whose letters I exchanged with... were telling a story?  What if it became a way of writing a piece of fiction between two people, using the postal service?

Here's how I think it would work.  Each person would write two copies of their letter, one to keep and one to send.  As each letter is received, it is added to the collection in order.  At the end of the story, you each have a copy of the book, and you've both created a piece of fiction that could then be shared with others.  I really like this idea.  Perhaps I can find someone interested in trying it!