Friday the 17th Should Be a Thing


Happy Friday, everyone!  The above song has been haunting me this week.  The album Raising Sand from artists Robert Plant and Alison Krauss has been a favorite of mine since it was released, and I think the album really shines in the more quiet, reflective weeks that I have.  There are quite a few songs on the album that I enjoy, and often listen to on repeat.  This is rare for me, as I find that usually I may only enjoy one song on an album.  

I really haven't received much mail this week.  I got a letter from someone named Sarala who generously included some stamps for the Holocaust Stamp Project.  I need to think of something special to do for those that send stamps.  I don't have to, but I really do want to recognize those that donate.  I also received a letter from Jim, and a beautiful hand made postcard from someone named Christy.  I would link you guys to Sarala and Christy, but I cannot find a link for them.  (If you two have a blog or website, please let me know in the comments!)
 
 So far this week, I have sent out these three letters.  They all went out yesterday, actually.  I love the look of the envelopes, but I hate to even begin to tell you the time it takes to color them all by hand.  They're all colored and burnished with colored pencils.  It doesn't photograph well, but the paper has a sort of glossy texture.  I'm really impressed with how they came out, but it's not something I can do all of the time.  As I've said before, experimentation is all part of the fun!  If you got one of these, I hope you'll tell me how they held up going through the mail system. 

Monday is President's Day here in the US.  That means we will have another Mail Free Monday, and it also means I get a three day weekend to catch up on everything I would like to do.  I really should start responding to letters right away, just to keep the number of items I want to reply to down.  I'm still managing a 100% return rate, even if they do come a few weeks later.  The 'writers block' I've mentioned before is completely gone, and the words are now flowing as easily as fresh spring water babbling down a mountain stream. 

How has your week been for you?  Any interesting tidbits?  Did you receive any interesting mail this week?