Incoming Mail 1-21-2012


Working from left to right :

- A letter from someone that found my address on sendsomething.net.  They included the smiley face stickers, and a typewritten note.  It's been so long since I've seen something typed by an older hammer style typewriter, I was surprised to see it.  At least I think that's what those typewriters are called.  I should look that up...

- A letter from Troy

- A card and postcard from Pen Thief.  I believe these were sent on different days, but they arrived on the same day.  I love the quote on the card - "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." -Elanor Roosevelt.  Thanks to Misty for including the stickers and stamps as well!  I am jealous of her art skills!  The cup of tea on the envelope was hand drawn.  In celebration, I'm having a cuppa!

I've also learned an important lesson in the past week.  I over complicate things.  Instead of diving right in and trying something, I think about it.  In fact, I think about it too much.  Who cares if the mail art I produce is something someone might call bad or ugly?  Who cares if something I write isn't perfect?  It's the thought that counts.  And it's all a learning experience - I can't expect to be good or 'perfect' right from the start.  

I shall see you all again on Sunday for the summary :)  I have lots to do before the mail goes out on Monday!  Write on!