Noise Level: An Apology

If your house is anything like ours, activity begins early. Typically just right of 6 AM, thanks to a 3 foot tall morning person.

Lucky for me, my husband starts his day then too, allowing me the luxury of sleeping in. And by "sleeping in", I mean 8:00 most days. I'm spoiled, I know.

Todd wakes up to the sounds of "Daddy!" and repeated beckoning, which leads to forceful demanding pleads to play cars and trains, "eat something", "Mickey show" and/or "read to me".

We have a small house with wood floors so noises of all kinds, voices and the sounds of temper tantrums, which inevitably lead to time-outs carry throughout.

I've grown accustomed to the daybreak racket and can (for the most part) sleep through it, but I always feel bad when my sister (or any guests for that matter) stay the night.

I'd like to make a public apology here and now to Leah and any and all guests we ever have in our home. If you stay over, I can guarantee you two things: a lovely visit filled with good cheap wine and conversation and in the morning, lots of noise! Consider yourself warned.

We appreciate your understanding. I suppose if we all slept 10+ hours we'd be raring to go with the sun too.

Well, maybe.
 
post signature