Ready For More!

Motherhood is no laughing matter. Okay, sometimes an eruption of giggles is what gets me through the day, but it is the hardest job I have ever had.

It's difficult to communicate with a toddler that thinks climbing on furniture, darting into traffic and throwing his food on the floor is the funniest thing he's ever done.


There are times when all I can do is count down to the moment Daddy gets home because what I know what Lucas and I both really need is a break from one another.


There are entire days that suck.


There are full weeks that suck.


Last week was one of those weeks for me.


Lucas refused to nap for three days in a row and I was at my wits end. I know our days of naps are numbered, but when you couple no naps with a feisty, overactive child and a mom ready to throw in the towel, bad things can happen.

I was ready to take the first 40+ hour/week job offered to me and never look back. It got that bad.


There is only so much Play-doh,
Yo Gabba Gabba, cars, trains and visits to the park one mommy can handle. Not to mention the messes. Or yelling.

There's only so much this too will pass, it's just a phase, he's only two years old, you're doing a good job pep talks that I can give myself.

There's only so much.

I even had my sister here for two days to help out, but I think that almost made things worse.

At any rate, it's a new week, I'm feeling much better (stronger) and I'm back to learning How To Really Love Motherhood.

I found the above on Pinterest last night and it really resonated with me. For as frustrating as motherhood can be, it's also amazing and wonderful and I do (mostly) love every minute.


In other words, I was able to unwind this weekend and now, I am ready for more!

post signature