Jet Setter

Voluptuous and simple - the world is larger than one had thought. - Denise Levertov

I grew up overseas so I have been fortunate to see a lot of the world, but there are still places I want to visit.

Topping my list right now, in the order of which they may be visited, are:

Palm Springs - I know, I know, I was just there (read all about my recent trip here) and it's only 90 minutes from my front door, but I am craving some consistent sunlight, lounging by the pool with the latest celebrity gossip magazines, a good book and yummy cocktails with cool names like "The Julie"; and some alone time with my husband. For the record, all the other destinations on my list will include Lucas.

Vancouver, Canada - My husband spent nine months in Vancouver several years ago and has always spoken so highly of his experience, the scenery, the accessibility to nature and outdoor activities and the people. The way he talks about it makes me want to go!

Greece - Ever since I saw Captain Corelli's Mandolin, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and Mama Mia, I have wanted to go to Greece. All terrible movies, but the stark contrast between the gorgeous blue Mediterranean sea and white buildings, the rich history and authentic sadziki are all very alluring.    
  
My list of "must see" destinations is never ending... Croatia, the Galapagos, Ireland and Tokyo are high on the list too. 

I would also love to take Lucas on an African safari one day. There's nothing else on earth like being within 30 feet of an elephant, lion, zebra or giraffe. To date, that has been my favorite trip. 
 
Where do you want to go?
This post was written for Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop, Prompt 4.) A country you would like to visit.

post signature