GNO

I have always been blessed to have a lot of friends in my life. Some of whom I would call as close as family ~ wonderful women that I confide in, trust, enjoy spending time with and without whom, I don't know where or who I'd be.
I have friends from high school, friends from college, single friends, divorced friends, mommy friends, friends I gained through my first marriage, friends that I gained through my second marriage, colleagues that became friends, neighbors that became friends and one very dear friend, Sophie that lives clear across the globe.
I also have a ton of friends that I have never even met (yet), thanks to blogging and Twitter. :)
 
My core group of friends consists of five women I see on a regular basis... for play dates with our children, walks without them, lunch, happy hours, dinners and the occasional overnight escapes get-aways.
 
My friends and I like to celebrate each others birthdays in big ways, usually involving a trip. My husband always gives me a hard time about it, but if we didn't, there's a chance I never would have met him. More on that in a later post... 

Anyway, my last girl's night out was last weekend, on an overnight in Palm Springs! We celebrating Lisa's birthday, my beautiful underwater friend above. In fact, all the photos used in this post were taken over the weekend. 

We did what all good friends do; laughed, drank, ate a lot of mini cupcakes, talked about our kids, our jobs, our families, our spouses, or lack there of and had a great time. I'm already looking forward to our group's next birthday... mine!

Apart from my friends, I've even luckier that my husband understands how important my friendships are. 
This post was written for Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop, Prompt 1.) Girls Night Out! Describe the last time you got to hang out with your friends. What stops you from doing this more often?
post signature