brought to you by the letter "s"

Today I bring to you the first installation of our ABCs of summer. Basically, I'm going to pick a letter of the day to concentrate on, and try to find as many things to do for the day that start with that letter. We are also going to practice writing that letter, and talk about its sound all day. I'm hoping that this will give our days a little bit more focus, while working on pre-literacy skills and vocabulary expansion with Lucas!

Today's letter was S. We practiced writing it in one of these cool workbooks that I got on Amazon a few weeks ago on sale...


We ate an egg & cheese Sandwich for breakfast...


Then we went to the park to play in the Sand...


Swing like a monkey...


go down the *gasp* plastic Slide...


and we finished off the first half of the day in Oma's Swimming pool...


It was easy, fun, (free), and focused. It gave us something to talk about all day long. I was happy when Nate came home from his grad class and Lucas told him about the letter of the day unprompted! I'm looking forward to the rest of our ABC days... in no particular order, of course.