A Preschooler?!

I no longer have a toddler. 

At two years old, Lucas is considered a preschooler. According to Gerber that is; who identify a preschooler as:
  • Runs well without falling
  • Chews more skillfully and efficiently
  • Mastering the use of spoon and fork
  • Sits in booster seat or child seat at family meals 

Check, check, check and check. 

But a preschooler? I can't get my head wrapped around it yet, even though in just one short month, Lucas will be attending preschool three morning a week.

I am so excited for him! I truly cannot wait for him to learn more than I feel I could ever teach him; wonderful and amazing things, beyond basic manners, nursery rhymes, numbers, colors, shapes and the alphabet. I'm excited for him to increase his social skills and come home and tell his dad and I all about his day. There is no doubt in my mind that he is going to love school.

    But a preschooler! How did that happen? 

    I suppose it was inevitable. Lucas is in a "big boy" bed, off bottles (FINALLY!), can carry on a complete and coherent conversation, has a great sense of humor and is becoming more terrific than terrible (most days). Plus, he's curious about everything and loves learning. School is next natural stage. 
     
    When asked if he's a baby, Lucas will be the first one to tell you, "no, big boy". But, if it's all the same to him, he will always be my baby.

    post signature