Project Smile - March

Enjoy present pleasures in such a way as to not injure future ones. - Seneca

As usual, March was a topsy turvy month of highs and lows, but I'm grateful for each and every day and love to stop and think about the simple pleasures that bring me joy.

Here's what had me smiling in March:

1st - I decided that I would like to be paid to write so I submitted a proposal to a couple of online news magazines. After several follow-ups, I have yet to hear anything, but it was a first step and I'm hopeful that something will come my way soon... Stay tuned!
2nd - Lunch with an old friend and an old haunt I used to frequent when I was a working woman.
3rd - Soup Plantation's grilled cheese bread dippers and creamy tomato soup and sharing them with someone who appreciates them just as much as I do. :)
4th - A girl's night out and discovering jalapeno cucumber margaritas. Yummy!!
5th - A baby shower. There's nothing like welcoming a new life with pretty little things.
6th - Crayons, Play-Doh, paint, trains, books, bubbles ANYTHING to keep the little guy busy and entertained.
7th - My sister turned 27!
8th - Sitter days.... ah.
9th - Getting in the car and turning on the radio to Dave Matthews. Twice!!
10th - Good news, bad news and more confusion... sometimes it's what makes the world go round.
11th - Discovering a new kid friendly pizza place.
12th - Five loads of laundry DONE... until the next time.
13th - A visit to LA to celebrate aunt Leah's birthday.
14th - A very productive day of phone calls, appointment setting and follow ups.
15th - Making it through a lunch without divulging a surprise.
16th - Lucas pushed the kid-sized shopping cart at the super market today and although he nearly plowed over three people and almost knocked over an entire display of potatoes, he loved every minute.
17th - March Madness + friends + cocktails + Blackjack = Winning and 24 hours in Vegas!
18th - 10:00 AM massage appointment.
19th - I attended my first blogging conference, Bloggy Boot Camp. To read all about it, click here.
20th - Being at the finish line waiting for my sister after she ran the LA Marathon.
21st - Exhaustion. Glad that the weekend is OVER and ready to resume the regularly scheduled program.
22nd - Closet cleaning, a nice long walk and sushi.
23rd - A fun day at the petting zoo.
24th - UofA vs. Duke and low and behold, UofA won!!
25th - Housekeeper day. I love me the smell of Pine-sol and Windex.
26th - Date night.
27th - A couple of toddler free hours at the nail salon.
28th - An abrupt ending to music class, which left no one smiling followed by a three hour nap, which was MUCH appreciated.
29th - An overnight visit from Grandpa.
30th - First day of Tootsie Roll class and a visit with friends in town from Idaho.
31st -
A shopping trip for me and beautiful 80 degree weather. I believe Spring is in the air!

To see why I was smiling in February, click here and to link up with your own month of simple pleasures, visit Kristi of Live and Love out Loud
.

post signature