Inspiration

For me, inspiration comes from 101 different places.... a kind gesture, a meaningful connection with someone I admire, respect or never even met in real life, those that give of themselves and expect nothing in return, an exploration involving a passport, being within the comfort of my home, an epiphany that leads me down a road of self to discovery, a starry sky, a roaring ocean or a vast dissolute desert.

Inspiration also comes from:

My parents because their relationship complimented one another so seamlessly and it's one that I would like to emulate, they exposed me to the whole world, they instilled in me a strong work ethic and a respect and empathy for all. My son because his light, curiosity and wonder amaze me daily. He makes me want to be a better person.My husband because he puts up with me and all my neurosis and supports me as a navigate through a very wide range of moods and emotions. My friends because no matter where our lives may take us or how busy we get, I know without a doubt we will always be there for each other. We share our successes and failures equally.But, it's reading books, blogs, magazines, quotes and lyrics that inspire me the most. Just knowing that others have experienced what I have and learning their coping mechanisms or marveling at their own unique lives is a wonderful gift and makes me feel truly alive and incredibly hopeful in myself and the human race.

This post was written for Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop, Prompt 5) I'm inspired by... (A photo journal entry)

post signature