Thoughts From The Massage Table

Anyone that knows me will tell you that I have a really hard time relaxing.

A glass or three of wine usually does the trick, as does a long walk, sitting down for more than five minutes at a time, a long car ride, as long as I'm NOT the one driving and there is ZERO traffic and a massage.

I LOVE getting massages so I was thrilled when my husband told me that he booked us spa appointments for the day before Valentine's day. It had been over eight months since my last massage and I was really looking forward to it!

While it was very relaxing, my mind was in a million other places... here are my thoughts from the massage table:

Did I remember to lay out Lucas' jammies and overnight diaper for the sitter? Oh, why would I need to do that, she has put him to bed before.

I wish I had had more time on the treadmill before coming in here. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

No, tomorrow, there will be no time for exercise. Music class followed by play date...

Dang it! Why didn't I pee first?

At least I brushed my teeth. Whew!

Ouch, ouch, ouch, ahhhhh....

Why don't I get massages more often?!

I have to remember to drink more water tomorrow.

I should drink more water anyway.

I can't believe I haven't had a Diet Coke in six days!

Okay, that really hurts! What is this lady doing to me? I don't think my leg is meant to bend that way.

Shoot, I forgot to call my mother-in-law back. Again. When was it that she left that message? Oh yes, the day I took Lucas up to LA to visit Leah. Over a week ago. Gulp.

I hope Leah's interview goes well tomorrow. But, Malibu? That would be a hellish commute. I guess for the right job...

How do massage therapists do this every day? Touching so many people's feet would gross me out.

I hope the pants I brought to wear to dinner fit. I can't remember the last time I wore them.

Did I bring the right bra?

What should I order for dinner?

That tickles.

Stop wincing.

Stop wincing.

I really wish I had peed first.

What is that heavenly smell? Is it lavender? Jasmine? Hmm... do I dare ask her? No, I do NOT want to engage!

Besides, I'm suppose to be relaxing.

post signature