Running Amok

When it comes to my home, I run a pretty tight ship and everything has it's place; from my kitchen pantry and linen closet to my laundry room and everything in between. I like color coordinating and alphabetization. I thrive on cleanliness and organization. I am anal about order, putting stuff away, not leaving dishes in the sink, making the bed as soon as the last person gets up and there is no eating in my car, ever! I have a lot of stuff, but everything has a home.

Yes, all of this with a toddler.

Lucas has his own play area in our home in a room that is off from our kitchen. This is the ONE and only room of the house that I TRY to wait until the end of the day to pick up because it is his space, the place where we spend the most time together and I want him to be comfortable here and be able to make a mess and not worry about it.

Okay, when he is napping I do put everything back for Round 2.

I'm trying to teach him to "clean up" after he's finished with one activity before moving on to the next. Let's just say, we have a long road ahead of us...

Neither of us feel well today, so in between waiting for the bleepity bleep washing machine repair man to arrive (don't you just love four hour windows?), watching WAY too much television and a pediatrician's appointment, I sort of let Lucas run amok.

NOTE TO SELF #1: Disaster is bound to happen when you allow a toddler run amok.

First there was this, the mess in his bedroom, where I found dozens of puzzle pieces, books and stuffed animals strewn about and dresser drawers opened. I didn't even know he could open them!

While I was cleaning up his bedroom, another mess was being created in a different part of the house:

Not quite the crime scene that Mommy of a Monster's twins left her, but shocking to walk in on, nevertheless.

I'm just thankful that all pens still and their caps on. Apparently, he was after the car and/or the snack cup.

The best part is the "I didn't do anything" look on his face.

By the way, yes, I do carry three packages of Kleenex. What's it to ya?

Clearly, my purse isn't quite as put together as my home.

NOTE TO SELF #2: NEVER leave purse on dining room table again!

This post is for Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop Prompt 2.) What did they get into now? Describe a time your toddler got into something they shouldn't have.

post signature