XOXO

My dearest DC,

Nothing gets me going like you do.

To me, you are quite simply... perfect.

You are my strength and my weakness.

You are one of the very first things I think of when I wake up in the morning because it is then that I need you so.

Our relationship began when I was in college and while others were touting their need for coffee, I stuck by your side never giving coffee another thought.

You make my heart beat a little faster and my eyes twinkle a little brighter.

I'm no fool, I know I'm not alone in this love. I know that you have lots of admirers, but when it's just us, my world quiets and I feel like I'm the only one. Thank you for that.

Thank you, too for always being there on my grocery list and in my refrigerator, because I don't think I could go a day without your smile. It's true, I have a jealous streak and have even warned family members and babysitters alike never, under no circumstances to take the last of you or there will be hell to pay.

I know I don't tell you often enough how much you mean to me with your no calories, no sugar and sweet wonderful help-me-get-up-and-go chemicals I can't pronounce, but it is your secret formula that does the trick every time. I so enjoy the pleasure of your company.

I hate to admit that I have been unfaithful when you weren't available, but Diet Pepsi nor Diet Dr. Pepper are nearly as refreshing as you. It's your effervescent personality that keeps me loyal today and always.

Yours truly,
Tonya
xoxo

This post is for Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop: Prompt 2.) Write a love poem to a favorite food. It was not a food, but a drink, Diet Coke that I chose to profess my undying love to. I have written about my obsession once (I Heart Diet Coke) or twice (I Don't Like Coffee) before.

post signature