Bloggy Burn Out & Big News

Being a blogger is hard work. There's a lot of self-induced pressure to post something every day. And not just something, but something heartfelt, funny, captivating or relateable.

I currently have 36 drafts.

No joke!

So,
I definitely don't have a lack of ideas or mommyhood topics to write about, I just end up editing and re-editing the same drafts and then get stuck trying to make them work, so there they sit. I suppose it's the perfectionist in me.

It's the posts that I hammer out in 10 minutes that are the best received. There's usually very little thinking involved, they just flow out of me like magic. I love it when that happens.

At any rate, just when I was
contemplating taking a few days off and stepping away from my taunting drafts, one of my personal favorite Letters For Lucas posts, The House That Built Me is featured today on the BlogHer Home Page in the Member Section.

For those of you that don't know, BlogHer is a community and media company created in partnership with women in social media.
They also host the world's largest women's blogging conference (this year it is taking place in San Diego in March and I bought my ticket last week!). To be featured on their Web site is huge! I am very excited about this and grateful for the opportunity to cast my net and acquire new readers.

Especially with this piece of writing.

This was one of those posts that was so easy to write and came to me very naturally.

I wrote The House That Built Me the morning we moved from our beloved home in San Diego to our new home in Orange County less than a month ago. It was a bittersweet move because of all of the memories and wonderful moments we experienced in our old house.

If you missed this post the first time around, I'd love it if you visited the BlogHer Web site and read it there. Thank you!

As far as my bloggy burn out, I may end up taking some time off.

Oh, shoot, who am I kidding?

post signature