My Son Has A Crush

My son likes Elmo, but LOVES Abby.

He enjoys watching her on Sesame Street, pointing her out in books, looking for her whenever we are out and about and toddles around saying Abby, Abby, Abby all the time. It truly is one of the cutest things ever.

He almost jumped right out of his skin when he saw her on the Sesame Street float during the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

My sister recently got Lucas his very own Abby doll and the two have been inseparable ever since.

Seeing as my son has such a crush, I thought I should do a little background check on little Miss A.

According to Muppet Wikia, Abby Cadabby is a three-year-old fairy-in-training and made her debut in the first episode of Sesame Street's 37th season.

Her name is a play on the magic word Abracadabra.

Abby's magical powers are limited to popping in and out of thin air, floating when she's happy, and turning things into pumpkins.

Although familiar with the world of fairy tales, Abby is astounded by such basic learning skills as drawing letters or counting, prompting her catchphrase "That's so magic!"

She frequently uses her wand cell phone to call her mommy. When she's asked to return home, she says that she's "gotta poof."

I gotta respect anyone that can turn things into pumpkins, but personally, I think it's her bright pink color and adorable freckles. I don't think I have to worry too much. I mean, really how far can a relationship with a Muppet go?

post signature