meet Graeme

Meet Graeme:


Graeme was born at Build-a-Bear last weekend. He, of course, was named after another famous Graeme. Graeme got two "cochlear implants" last weekend too.


Meet Lucas:


Lucas only has one cochlear implant, but will be getting one tomorrow, just like his bear friend, Graeme.

I can't believe this day has finally come. It's been an emotionally rough week for me leading up to this point. For every good reason I can give you for getting the second implant, I can give you a good reason for not.

What it comes down to is this. We want the very, very best for our son. We want him to hear the very best that he can, to make the rest of his life easier for him. We don't want to ask ourselves for the rest of our lives, "what if...?" If we're going to do, it has to be now. So, here we go. I can't wait until it's over. Please pray for an uneventful day, strong, steady surgeon hands, and a quick recovery.

Lucas will be a bilateral bionic boy tomorrow. Wow.