What Not To Wear

I have an age old problem... a closet full of clothes and nothing to wear.

There are some days that I feel like taking a blow torch to my entire wardrobe and starting over from scratch.

It's all organized and I can find stuff, that's not the problem. I just don't like what's in there.

Like you, I'm sure, I have several articles of clothing that I just had to have that still have the tags on them, a variety of sizes, too many pairs of jeans, not enough color, pieces that I will never wear again because they are itchy, outdated, I have nothing to pair with them, or basically had no idea what I was thinking when I purchased them in the first place.

I have clothes that don't fit my lifestyle anymore and some I hope never will again.

I have fallen in love with a pair of shoes that I bought with the intention of building an outfit around and it hasn't happened yet and I have shoes that are a half size too small because they complete an assemble I already have perfectly, but never wear because the shoes hurt my feet!

I have a few favorites that are in desperate need of retiring, pants in need of hemming, stains that won't come out, ripped jackets, suits in need of a second hand store and sports bras that are ready for the trash.

I don't own enough sweaters and the ones I do have, pill. I hate sweaters that pill!

I have a whole drawer full of panty hose and I can't even remember the last time I wore panty hose. Who wears panty hose anymore? Speaking of panties, don't even get me started on my underwear drawer.

My friend, Nancy has been toying with the idea of starting a business to become a personal stylist, especially for those in transitional states of their lives and I hope she will consider taking me on as one of her first projects. I need help mixing and matching and advice on collecting timeless essentials.

The post baby/temporarily retired/active mom is one to be reckoned with and something tells me shouldn't be in yoga pants or jeans all the time, nor should she feel like crying every time she goes to her closet and finds nothing to wear.

What you won't find is any acid wash, shoulder pads, Hawaiian shirts, animal prints, or cowboy boots, BUT my closet is full of impulse buys, god-awful fabrics, styles and trends and nothing of which reflects me anymore.

post signature