24 Little Hours

1 day

24 hours

1440 minutes

86,400 seconds

If I could stop time and have 24 hours to myself, provided I didn't need to sleep and money and transportation were no object, here's what I'd do with my time, in no particular order:

I love walking and working out in general, but I miss yoga and haven't practiced in a few weeks. I'd like to start my 24 hours of freedom, I mean, accomplishment by taking a 1 hour yoga class.

Call my dear friend, Suzy. It's been weeks since we've talked uninterrupted and I'd love to give her 1 hour of my undivided attention to catch up on her life. She is one of the few people that I enjoy talking on the phone with and as a mother of two grown children of her own and a grandmother to four, I always get the best advice and warmest of fuzzies after talking to her.

Speaking of catching up, I'd like to watch some of the junk I have recorded in TiVo... two episodes of
Grey's Anatomy, two episodes of Modern Family and maybe an Oprah or two. Wow, even with all the fast-forwarding through commercials, that's almost 5 hours right there.

Seeing as I am devoting 5 hours to TV, I better devote 5 hours to my husband as well. He's almost as neglected as my TiVo. Can you say *date night*? We have a lot of fun when we go out, grab a beer and have time to reconnect.

I'd like to have a 3 hour lunch with my friend Colleen. We both have little ones and seldom get together without them in tow any more. It'd be nice for it to be "just us" again for a couple of hours.

I'd like to put my own blog on hold for 3 hours while I caught up on everyone else's that I enjoy reading... I am SO behind!!

90 minute massage. Enough said.

I would love to finish the book I started on my trip to Seattle,
Little Bee. It's heavy, but very good and after I finished it, I'd like to move on to Jenny McCarthy's latest, Love, Lust and Faking It and get as far as I could within 3 hours.

With the 90 minutes I'd have left, I'd shower, shave both legs, wash and dry my hair and tweet. :)

Sounds like a perfect and yes, very indulgent day to me. Not sure, I'd be
accomplishing much of anything other than taking time out to do the things I love.

What would you do if you had 24 hours of free time?


This post is for Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop - Prompt #5: If you could stop time for 24 hours, what would you accomplish? (inspired by Liz from a belle, a bean & a chicago dog)

post signature