Queen Of Pop

I'm tough, ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay. - Madonna

I have posted about my fascination with Lady Gaga, so it only seems fitting that I give credit where credit is due and where powerful, iconic women of music began... all hail the Queen of Pop: MADONNA!

I recently watched the Glee (my new favorite show) episode, The Power of Madonna and then proceeded to listen to 90 minutes of her music while I worked out and remembered why she is so good.

I fell in love with Madonna in 1983 upon hearing the first 48 seconds of Borderline and haven't stopped yet.

I have been lucky enough to see her in concert... twice. The last time was the night President Elect Obama was voted into office. It was a memorable night!


Say what you will about Madonna's fashion sense and in your face, like it or not, sexual overtones, she sings about equality regardless of race, color, creed, sexual orientation or political affiliation and demands respect for the constant reinvention of herself and her music.

She encourages everyone to "express themselves" and in the process sells millions of albums shocking and awing us along the way.

If you haven't listened to her in a while, I encourage you to dust off your Immaculate Collection CD and give it a whirl. I guarantee you'll want to get up and dance, or at the very least smile.

Madonna's latest project is a clothing line called "Material Girl" launching this month at Macy's department stores. Let's hope cone bras aren't included!

The best is yet to be.