Is This Heaven?

If I were so lucky to be placed in time out, and trust me, I deserve one more than anyone I know, it would be at a book store.

Any one will do, but I'd prefer a delicious independent book store, like Warwick's in La Jolla or Book Soup in Los Angeles. Barnes & Noble or Borders will certainly suffice.

Any amount of time spent in a book store is sure to set me straight, calm me down and breathe new life into my misbehaving cranky self, and if I could spend a few dollars, I'd be an absolute angel upon my return to reality.

Book stores are my heaven on earth.

My head becomes a little lighter and I instantly breathe a lot deeper upon stepping into a book store. It is quiet, safe, peaceful, smells wonderful and it full of one of my favorite things: books.

I love to be surrounded by books.

Books are my friends.

Books are my escape.

Books remind me of my mom and dad and their love of reading and how grateful I am to have it too.

Books make me think, use my imagination and take me to far away places full of interesting characters and complex plots.

Some day I will have a library of my own, but for now I have shelves and shelves and boxes and boxes of books. Some I've read and can't bring myself to part with, some belonged to my father, but most are on my 'to read' list. I'm always reading something. Currently it's Love is a Mix Tape: Love and Loss, One Song at a Time by Rob Sheffield.

Book stores are the perfect place to get lost in. I love wandering from section to section or finding a cozy corner to sit back, relax, soak it all in and read.

I have been a naughty girl, won't someone PLEASE put me in a time out?!

The best is yet to be.

I wrote this post for Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop - Prompt #2: If you were put in "time out", where would you want to be placed and why?