Aquarium Of The Pacific

Last week, Lucas and I visited the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach with my friends Colleen and Wendi, their two little boys and my sister.

It was not my best mommy day. I was on day four of Lucas' dad being away and my patience was shot and nerves were fried. It was hot and very crowded and Lucas refused to eat and proceeded to scream his way through lunch. All he wanted to do was run around and be free of the stroller. Who can blame him, right?

Lucas loved being up close and personal with the sting rays and friendly sharks, but a 13 month old doesn't quite understand the command "gentle, two fingers only".

The water-squirting playground was a huge hit with all the boys, but
next time, I'll bring a towel and a change of clothes. For both of us!

It's a beautiful aquarium and home to over 11,000 ocean animals
and I highly recommend it if you are traveling to southern California.

The sea otter exhibit was our favorite. It was a lot of fun and dare I say, soothing to watch the silly energetic otters swim back and forth in their habitat.

The best is yet to be.