- You can tune out almost every annoying song that a puppet sings on TV, high pitched sound that a toy produces or loud screech that comes out of your child's mouth. Almost!
- You have considered - if only for one moment - paying a complete stranger to watch your kid so that you can take a nap or selling a kidney so that he'll take one, which leads me to...
- Trying to give a child a "forced" nap has never worked. Okay, there was that one time, but you're a damn fool if you think it can ever be repeated.
- You wonder why with all the toys in the world, your child is most interested in the oven, dishwasher, refrigerator, washer, dryer, cell phone and remote control.
- You think to yourself several times a day: Maybe I'm just not cut out for this!
- You'd like to know where your child gets all his energy from and if it could be bottled up, you'd buy it.
- Silence isn't always golden, it could mean that the entire contents of your son's dresser are scattered all over his bedroom floor or that he had some fun with the toilet paper roll.
- If you could get paid to watch your child move through the world, learning and experiencing things for the first time, you'd be a gazillionaire. They are such fascinating creatures, aren't they?
The best is yet to be.