Time Heals All Wounds

A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor's book. - Irish proverb

I haven't posted in a few days. I have a lot to say, a lot is floating around this brain of mine, but the only thing on my mind is the fact that I'm not pregnant anymore. I couldn't even get my Friday Flip Offs together, and I live for that!!

Last week went from bad to worse. I will spare you all the details, but it ended last night with a visit to the ER.

I'm on the mend, but sad.

I know it is completely normal for me to feel this way and I know it will pass, but my mind is a litany of negative thoughts and I can't seem to shake them.

I'm trying to carry on as usual, but it's easier said than done.

I'm trying to carry on as usual, because I have a 13 month old and he needs me as much as I need him.

Unfortunately, Lucas' dad had to be out of town for a few days last week, so my sister was here and helped out immensely. She knows me well and is great with Lucas. I don't know what we would have done without her.

Like most people, when trying to feel better emotionally, I turn to retail therapy, drowning my sorrows in Cabernet, pouring my heart out in my journal or blog, or watching too much bad TV, but sleep has always been my favorite way to escape.

None of it really helps, but crawling under the covers and disappearing for a while is a good place to start.

My son's smile is another brilliant light at the end of this dark tunnel and lastly, there's time.... time to heal, time to mourn and eventually time to try again.

Thank you for all of the support, good thoughts and virtual hugs last week and for commenting on my post Miscarried. As usual, I put myself out there in a very real and honest way and the feedback was sincere and heartfelt.

The best is yet to be.