Miles Of Smiles

Sometimes it's the simplest (and silliest) things make me the happiest. A pretty color of nail polish on my toes, an extended lunch with a good friend, receiving flowers for no reason at all, or a beautiful blue sky without a cloud in sight.

In no particular order, here's a list of ten other things that always make me smile:

1. Half a dozen times a year, when I'm having a REALLY bad day, I'll get a McDonald's Happy Meal and I don't know if it actually works or not, but I sure do feel better after having one.

2. I discontinued many of my magazine subscriptions once I became a mother, but I held on to In Style and each and every month it arrives in my mailbox, I can't wait to find the time to devour it.

3. I love playing Scrabble on my iPhone and at any given time have 6-10 games going with various friends, but I also play against the computer and whenever I win, I get a huge sense of satisfaction!

4. I adore reading and wish I had more time for it. I love getting lost in a good book and hate finishing one, but thoroughly enjoy crossing another title off my list. The bookstore is one of my favorite places to pass the time and my book club is an absolute joy to be a part of. I'd rather read than watch TV any day.

5. I love living so close to the ocean and I try to take advantage of it as much as I can. I love taking long walks along the beach most of all and looking out as far as I can see. Nothing can put life more into perspective than when you think about just how small we really are.

6. Music alone can put me in a completely different state of mind and I love it for that. It can make me want to get up and dance, sing my heart out and twirl like a top or sit quietly, relax and remember.

7. Witnessing random acts of kindness make me elated! I enjoy seeing people looking out for one another; holding doors open, smiling when they pass you, or helping carry heavy loads. It restores my faith that humans are good and kind.

8. My husband. He is good, honest, caring supportive, level headed, a terrific father and puts up with all of my shit.

9. The euphoria you experience when done exercising. Physical activity is something I've done my whole life and I can’t imagine feeling healthy or happy without it. Don't get me wrong, I am not jumping for joy to go to the gym, however, I am smiling REALLY BIG when I leave the gym sweaty, tired, triumphant
and planning my next meal.

10.
My son... I love watching everything he does, but his smile and laughter make me the happiest. Hearing him jabber away in his crib in the morning is a very close second.

The best is yet to be.

I wrote this post for Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop - Prompt #3:
Write a list of 10 things that are sure to put a smile on your face when you are not happy.