I'm Flipping Off Stuff...AGAIN!

This was a really crummy week so coming up with this week's Flip Off list took no time at all. As always, my deepest appreciate to Gigi at Kludgy Mom for developing this beautiful virtual detox meme!

#1 Part of the reason this week sucked was because I woke up every morning with an flipping achy back, stiffness all over and sore neck. We have a Sleep Number Bed and four years ago when we first got it, I loved it. I had found my perfect sleep number (55) and stuck with it without any discomfort, but now the bed does nothing but irritate me and I want it gone!! It has no bounce, no spring and no flexibility. It's time to go back to a box spring with a pillow top and some give. FLIP OFF, SLEEP NUMBER! And for the record, my husband has had these complaints since day 1. When will I ever listen?!

#2 Stores that have the extra cashiers but don't utilize them deserve a big FLIP OFF! I walked out of a very popular children's clothing store recently leaving behind a cute and much needed pile of clothes for Lucas. They were on sale AND I had a coupon! The line of customers was wrapped around the store and out the front door and they only had ONE person ringing everyone up. Several customers, including myself asked if there was anyone else to help us and she was paged to the front but never showed up. I mentioned this was a children's store, didn't I? There were just as many kids on the verge of melt downs as there were parents. So frustrating!!

#3 I am pissed off at the entire medical profession this week. I now know why they call it "practicing medicine" because that's exactly what it is... practicing. Doctors really don't always have the answers.

I am grateful for medicine, doctors and scientists and the fact that our bodies are such mysteries, but sometimes when there is no rhyme or reason, no medical explanation available and Mother Nature just makes it so, I want to scream at the top of my lungs FLIP OFF!!! Most of the time the logical side of my brain can accept this, but then there are other times when my heart wants answers, facts and proof. I need to know WHY!?

#4 My sister and I inherited our parents home in Arizona and each month we pay the electric, water and phone bills. No one lives in the house so these bills are minimal, but recently I took a closer look at the phone bill and thought that I could remove some of the services and lower it.

I contacted the phone company (to be remain nameless but name is similar to a direction and rhymes with west) to see if they could help me. They said that they could take $10 off the bill by removing the international long distance service. Great! No one uses the phone and the only reason we have it hooked up in the first place is for the alarm system.

I received the next bill only to find it has gone up, not down! What?! I called them back and they said that there was a fee associated with making changes to your service and that the adjusted bill wouldn't be reflected until the next billing cycle. That's right, the international long distance service is still on the bill and so is the service fee for removing it. Next. Month. Really? Are you kidding me? FLIP OFF!!

Whew... that was a much needed rant!

Have a super weekend, everyone.

The best is yet to be.