Stupid @#!%^ House!!

I can see the headline now:

SAN DIEGO MOTHER STUFFS TODDLER
(AND LARGE TOY)
DOWN DRAIN PIPE.


Ever since we returned from our trip to Australia, Lucas has been waking up in the middle of the night every other night, or so needing a bottle. We thought he was just getting used to being home and the time difference, etc., so we obliged.

We are idiots!

We have been home over a month and I'm pretty sure he's pulling one over on us now. So, three nights ago, on his birthday nevertheless, we stopped getting up with him and started to let him work it out. It was working great, until last night when I forgot to remove the latest distraction.

Meet the culprit:
The Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Learning Home

Cute enough, right? But very dangerous! It turns out if this thing,
a once thought of as the perfect birthday gift from Mommy & Daddy is within eyesight, Lucas won't sleep. Lucas wants to play.

He was up from 1:15 - 1:45 whining and carrying on and I thought trying to go back to sleep, but when I finally went in to his room, he was sitting up in his crib with his "take me to Disneyland look" pointing at the house. I comforted him, explained that it was nighttime and that he could play with his new toy in the morning, to which he promptly rolled on to his tummy, which usually indicates he's going to cooperate. I also removed the house from his room only to set the music off, which only ignited his desire to play with it. Stupid @#!%^ house!! A complete melt down ensues and it's now almost 2:00 in the morning.

He was still whining at 2:15 and 2:30, upon which time I got him a bottle, cursed the world and thanked God it was at this point that Dad took over. I was so pissed!

Needless to say, we have made up (sort of), but are both sleep deprived today.

The best is yet to be.