A Place To Call Her Own

It's official! Every single room in our house has baby stuff in it... Whether it is an entire diaper changing station, mounds of toys, an exersaucer, high chair, pile of blankets, you name it, it's in there.

With family coming to visit this weekend for someone's very special one year birthday party, reigning in the clutter has been a top priority around here, but if your home is anything like ours, one project always leads to three more and nothing really gets done.

Sure, we hung a couple of photos, made sure that there were clean sheets on the guest bed and straightened up a little, but home ownership + parenthood = projects. It's in the handbook and it's never ending. We're always trying to clear out old stuff only to make room for new stuff and now there's all this baby stuff to boot. It's a vicious cycle, but I'm starting to repeat myself (My Stuff Has Stuff).

Amidst the attempt to organize, I have realized that I would like a space of my own. Just a quiet corner where I can sit and think (and blog!!).

Now, I know if my husband is reading this and he does occasionally, he is thinking, "what the hell is she thinking? Half of the stuff we have is hers and the other half, the baby's!" And while he may be right, lust after these desks with me for a moment:
Brighton White Vanity/Desk - Crate and Barrel

Bedford Corner Desk Set - Pottery Barn

Bedford Small Desk Set - Pottery Barn

Eames molded plastic side chair/Moda desk and desk organizer - Room & Board

A mommy can dream, can't she?

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone and may we all have a little space we can call our own.

The best is yet to be.