Par Avion

I am beyond excited for our upcoming trip to Australia and New Caledonia. I can't wait to see my dear friend Sophie (A Token Of Love And Affection) and her husband, Luc again, meet their daughters and introduce you to all of them. Plus, this is a part of the world I never imagined I'd get to see.

With eight successful round trip airplane rides under your belt (six domestic flights and one international trip to Italy), I like to think of you as a professional traveler, but with only one week left until our 15 HOUR ONE WAY excursion to Sydney, I am starting to worry... A LOT!

My feelings range from dread to panic. How on earth are we going to feed, entertain and comfort a 10 month old for 15 hours on our laps for what is essentially two days for you?

For me, the worst part of traveling is the packing! I absolutely hate it. I never know what to bring for myself to wear, let alone, you! Packing for the plane ride is the worst part... knowing how many diapers you are going to need, formula you are going to drink, snacks you are going to devour or outfits you are going to go through is down right impossible, and don't even get me started on medicines I hope we won't need, books and toys.

Let the list making begin!

I have learned exactly two things about traveling with a baby; 1) bring at least one new toy that you have never seen before, along with a couple of your favorites and 2) have at least two blankets in your carry on... one for comfort and warmth and one that can double as a burp cloth/snot rag/pillow. I also learned, the hard way, I might add to pack more than one extra outfit for you.

Other than that, I am hoping that the universe and travel gods will be on our side. Any toddler travel advice you can offer, that preferably doesn't involve drugging my son up, is much appreciated. :)

Wish us luck, patience and an empty seat!

The best is yet to be.

Day 48/100