Packing Is The Hardest Part

I can't believe that the trip we planned five months ago is finally here.

We are flying to Sydney tonight and on Sunday I get to see my old friend, Sophie again! I am so excited I could pee in my pants!! :)

I feel like I have been organizing, making piles and lists, prepping and stressing for weeks. With less than 10 hours until our flight, we are as ready as we will ever be! I think I have packed everything, but the kitchen sink.

By the way, 80% of the contents in the luggage in the picture is your stuff, which means undoubtedly I will not have enough to wear. Guess that means that mommy will get to go shopping!?!

This was by far the hardest trip to pack for despite Sophie's suggestions. Apparently the weather could be very temperamental this time of year in New Caledonia, and while she has most everything that we'll need while we are visiting her, 15 hours is a very L O N G time (think: books, food, formula, snacks, blankets, diapers, toys, extra clothes, etc. etc.) to be on an airplane with a toddler. Not to mention, we have several days in Sydney on each end of our trip. I'm looking forward to being on the plane and on our way! I'm ready for a new adventure.

I am going to take this opportunity to unplug and disconnect from my computer for a while, even though I just went public with my blog to another group of friends (you know who you are), but don't worry, I'll be back.

The best is yet to be.

Day 57/100