Tipping Point

I used to cringe when I would see a family get up from a table at a restaurant leaving behind what looked like a bomb went off. I thought, how rude or I hope they left a big tip because someone is going to have to pick that up.

Ever since you started eating solid foods and can be kept mildly entertained by munching on Cheerios and biscuits while your dad and I try to enjoy a meal out, after we are done, I get down on my hands and knees and pick up your crumbs. I also apologize profusely to our waiter, but that should be a given. Is this what is expected of me or am I just being neurotic? Don't get me wrong, I'm not armed with a slew of cleaning products or anything, but I do pick up food thrown/dropped on the floor, mop up spills, and just generally try and keep the mayhem under control.

I really don't know what the protocol is on this. I have never worked in food service, but I certainly appreciate how hard wait staff and bus boys work. My question to all of you moms out there is, what do you do? Do you clean up after your kid or tip more when your tot makes a mess? Perhaps it depends on the mess and the type of establishment and how often we frequent it, etc. A handful of Cheerios isn't really a big deal, but if it's a entire bowl of peas and carrots, maybe so? I don't know, you tell me.

The best is yet to be.

Day 7/100