Fashion Icons

I am smart enough to know that even though I may love a dress that Jennifer Aniston is wearing, fall over myself (literally and figuratively) over a pair of stilettos that Victoria Beckham is in and have to contain my excitement over a daring Carrie Bradshaw ensemble, these looks aren't going to work on me. I just couldn't pull them off as effortlessly. I'd kill to have Jennifer Aniston's body though.

Audrey Hepburn
Grace Kelly
Katharine Hepburn

These are my fashion icons.

These women are legendary. They are known the world over for their sense of style, grace and of course, acting in some of Hollywood's most memorable films; Breakfast at Tiffany's, Rear Window and The Philadelphia Story respectively. And in Katharine's case, for pushing the envelope and making it acceptable for women to wear pants. Thanks, KH!

I grew up watching these women because my father was a huge fan of old Hollywood classic black-and-white films. I learned to love these movies and even at an early age, I knew that there was something very special about these women that made them worth admiring and emulating.

I also learned to love these classic movies and I miss watching them with my dad. They are smart, witty, and sometimes suspenseful. The lead actress is always gorgeous.

Their clean, classic, flawless style remind me to keep it simple. They didn't over exude their sexuality, instead they exuded intelligence and class from every pore.

I mostly go for comfort when dressing, especially now that I have a baby. I love flats, jeans, cardigans, T-shirts, pearls, tan, black, navy, white, and the less is more philosophy. I love capped sleeves, stripes, boat necks, layering and well-worn shoes. These days, I live in lululemon yoga pants, tank tops and hoodies.

I believe at the end of the day, however, you can make a potato sack look good if you combine it with confidence, a smile and a little bit of mystery.

You are going to have to consult with your dad on men's fashions. I am sure he'll have a thing or two to say about Steve McQueen, a fashion icon in his own right.

The best is yet to be.