skinnnnnny summer girl

skinnnny summer 
so. here’s the deal. i allowed andrey to take a before picture of me this weekend. in a scrubby tank top and sweats. my frumpy house clothes. and while i knew that my body had taken on a new sloshy shape since boy #2 was born, i still felt some what cute-mom-ish in said frumpy house clothes and ponytail.
until i saw the pictures, that is. i wanted to hide. 

i was gifted some new nikes for my birthday. they run fast and jump high. they are step one to the new, happy, skinny, me. not that chubby me isn’t happy, either. just that there are far too many pretty things out there that i’d love to be wearing. far too many pretty things in my closet that i’d like to feel pretty in.

tomorrow. monday. (is it bad luck to start these sorts of things on mondays?) it begins. i’ve got two months until i want to be fitting nicely into my pre-gavin clothes and four months until i want to be the happy, skinny, version of myself in that outfit over there and my chubby six-month-old-bubba-boy on my hip.  with no traces of him left in my belly.  i’m giving myself some rules. easy ones that i can follow because i am no good at this. <<right, gina? right, lacie?>>
no good at all. 

i’ve got rules like:
eat breakfast.
drink jugs of water.
watch the sugar.
get to bed at a decent hour. 
do some sort of exercise daily.
do something weekly to feel pretty.

got any good advice?
and no. you will not be seeing those before pictures. ever. don’t ask.

off to eat that last lemon cream cheese bar in my fridge. <<thanks, kristin>>
and finish off that slice of ice cream cake in the freezer.   <<thanks, tiffani>>

love, lin